- Our teachers are known as directors and directress. They are trained and certified in and American Montessori society program. They continue their training all year round to improve their knowledge to better impact the children in a positive way.
- All are staff are CPR and first aid trained. We check references and conduct thorough background checks based on state and/or local licensing requirements. This includes fingerprinting and appropriate criminal background checks, as well as verification of educational credentials. Candidates who will transport children undergo a thorough driving history check and annual checks.
Role of a teacher
- The Montessori teacher serves as a link between the child and the environment. They better serve the children through observation and recording keeping of their growth and development. The child is allowed to work and develop at his / her own pace. The teacher realizes the uniqueness of each child as an individual and the importance of respect.
- The Montessori materials are self-correcting, therefore; the teacher refrains from intervening in the child’s learning process and allows the child to discover and correct his or her own errors. The children’s growth comes from activities not from intellectual understanding. The Montessori teacher allows the child to develop physically, socially, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually. The child’s work is measured against his/her own progress rather than compared to the achievement/ progress of others.
- The teacher is trained to pay close attention and to recognize periods of readiness. The teacher gives presentation using the three period lesson works to help the child along the path to understanding and mastery. The teacher checks to makes sure that the classroom material are safe and ready for use each day.